The person is asked to lie down on back. Warm Sesame oil or medicated oil is applied to the feet and lower extremity. Rhythmic firm strokes are applied on each foot. Pressure
points are pressed at the end of massage.
- Helps to calm the mind.
- Relaxes and revitalizes the central nervous system.
- Helps maintain eyesight and hearing.
- Promotes quality sleep.
- Improves peripheral circulation.
- Removes fatigue of the lower limbs.
- Helps prevent sciatica.
- Removes contraction of the ligaments, vessels and muscles of the feet.
- Provides sturdiness to the limbs.
- Helps to calm and maintain the "Vata Dosha" which, when present in excess, is regarded as the major cause of illness.
Helps to calm the mind and maintain eyesight and hearing. It promotes quality sleep and improves peripheral circulation. A foot massage aids foot health (alleviates pain, improves
muscle tone and nourishes the skin), helps prevent sciatica.